As part of the scoping process, OEA conducted 10 scoping meetings to provide the public with information on the proposed project, the environmental review process, and to solicit comments on the Draft Scope of Study. The scoping meetings were held in Lame Deer, Forsyth, Ashland, and Miles City, Montana on November 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th, 2012. The scoping comment period closed on January 11th, 2012. Public scoping meeting transcripts and scoping comments can be found on this website here as well as on the Board's website under environmental correspondence by clicking here. To review the Final Scope of Study, see the Project Documents page.
Public Meetings on the Draft EIS
OEA will host 10 public meetings on the Draft EIS. OEA will begin each meeting with a 30 minute open house followed by a brief overview of the proposed project and environmental review process. The overview will be followed by a formal comment period. A court reporter will be present to record these oral comments. To provide as much time as possible to hear comments, OEA will not respond to oral and written comments at the meetings. Rather, comments on the Draft EIS will be addressed in writing in the Final EIS. If time permits, the court reporter will be available at the conclusion of the formal segment of the meeting to record oral comments from individuals not interested in addressing the meeting as a whole. Meeting transcripts will be available on the project website after the meetings. Meetings will be held at the following locations, dates, and times.
- June 8, 2015, 2:00-4:00 pm and 6:00-8:00 pm at St. Labre Indian School, 1000 Tongue River Road, Ashland, MT
- June 9, 2015, 2:00-4:00 pm and 6:00-8:00 pm at Miles Community College, Room 316, 2715 Dickinson Street, Miles City, MT
- June 10, 2015, 2:00-4:00 pm and 6:00-8:00 pm at Colstrip High School, 5000 Pinebutte Drive, Colstrip, MT
- June 11, 2015, 2:00-4:00 pm and 6:00-8:00 pm at the Northern Cheyenne Tribal Building, Council Chambers, 600 South Cheyenne Ave, Lame Deer, MT
- June 12, 2015, 2:00-4:00 pm and 6:00-8:00 pm at Forsyth High School, 917 Park Street, Forsyth, MT
In addition, OEA will hold two online public meetings intended for people who cannot attend the public meetings in the project area. All interested individuals must register to attend the online public meeting and to provide formal comments. Individuals are allowed to register to speak once. Additional meeting information and dial-in instructions will be provided at registration. OEA will begin each online public meeting with a brief overview of the proposed project and environmental review process, followed by a facilitated formal comment session. If time permits, the facilitator will allow other interested individuals who did not pre-register to provide oral comments. Interested individuals can participate in the meeting via phone, computer, or both. The meeting transcripts will be available on the project website after the meetings. The online public meetings will be held on the following date and times:
- June 17, 2015, 12:00-3:00 pm and 6:00-9:00 pm (Eastern Time).